This data protection and privacy notice provides information on how Wilkins Media Ltd (also referred to in this notice as “we” or “us”) uses personal data relating to users of its websites and services (referred to in this notice as “you”). Our websites and services are referred to in this notice as the “Sites” and the “Services”.
This policy was last updated on 08/10/2018, in response to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation – referred to, throughout, as GDPR.
1. Who are we?
Wilkins Media Ltd is a company registered in England with company number 11047738.
2. What personal data do we collect and why?
As an online community, we use the information you give us to improve our service and to tailor your experience through the site around your interests and professional background. For this reason, our reason for processing data under GDPR is, for the most part, based on Legitimate Interests.
We appreciate that, on joining our network, you have trusted us with our data. With this in mind, we pledge to respect your privacy, and be open about what we collect and how we use it. We will go to all reasonable lengths to ensure your data is kept safe.
We will work with you to ensure you are able to exercise the rights granted to you, as a data subject under GDPR. You can contact us using the contact details set out below.
2.1. Visiting our website
If you visit our website, we will log your IP address and aggregate details about site usage.
Information we collect about you
Wilkins Media Ltd generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you access our web site, submit an application for our consideration or when you are in contact with a Wilkins Media Ltd representative:
- your name including any use of a pseudonym;
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- your bank account details and National Insurance Number;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions; and
- any other information that you have supplied on your application or in communications with a Wilkins Media Ltd representative.
How we obtain your personal information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you access our site;
- when you submit your application to us; and
- each time you communicate with a Wilkins Media Ltd representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
- We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including:
- employment websites & apps;
- reference checks with referees; and
- networking with your peers.
Why we collect your personal information
Wilkins Media Ltd collects personal information about you to carry out its business functions and fulfil its obligations to you, including in relation to:
- determining if you are suitable for a role;
- contacting you if a role becomes available that you may be interested in;
- submitting your details to a client for a potential role;
- notifying clients of your skills and availability for any future roles;
- complying with government legislation (for example: we collect your National Insurance number to complying with taxation and superannuation requirements);
- administration of payments to you, which may include the processing of sensitive information about you and marketing activity
- inform you of work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions
- providing you with the opportunity to obtain benefits through direct marketing (however you will always be given an opt-out option in relation to further direct marketing).
In addition, Wilkins Media Ltd may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil roles (this may also include your buy rate if Wilkins Media Ltd is operating under a preferred supplier agreement);
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- third parties such as agency partners for the purpose of direct and indirect marketing;
- partners or suppliers for the purpose of research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you; and
- related bodies corporate and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (for example: training and superannuation).
We do send information overseas. Sometimes, we transfer or disclose information to third parties including to persons and businesses outside jurisdictions Talent lives/ operates in. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services, and/or to improve the products and services we offer you. Where we transfer information to persons outside our operating jurisdictions we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the UK Privacy Principles, where appropriate the GDPR and other laws in relation to that information by entering into binding contractual arrangements with such third parties
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Wilkins Media Ltd relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by the UK Privacy Act, GDPR and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Wilkins Media Ltd.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Wilkins Media Ltd, you should contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (contact details below).
Security of your personal information
Wilkins Media Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission we make our best effort to ensure its security.
In the event of a data breach, Wilkins Media Ltd are committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all UK Privacy Laws and where required, the provisions of the GDPR. You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Privacy Inquiry Service
Please contact Wilkins Media Ltd in writing via post / email if you wish to:
- report any relevant notifiable data breach you may become aware of;
- request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Wilkins Media Ltd;
- inquire generally about your privacy rights and obligations;
- provide suggestions or feedback in respect Talent Internationals handling of personal information;
- or make a complaint in relation to Wilkins Media Ltd handling of your personal information.
10. Removal of your details from our Sites
You may request removal of your profile(s) and data from our Sites at any time, though we ask that you put such requests in writing. Please see clause 10.1 of our Terms and Conditions.
11. Access to your details
If you would like to access a copy of any personal data which we hold about you, please contact email@example.com. We will respond within one calendar month, and won’t charge you to access your information.
We welcome you contact us if you wish to exercise any of your other rights under GDPR. These include:
your right to be informed
your right to access and correct personal data
your right to erasure
your right to data portability
your right to object to data processing
your rights relating to automated decision making and profiling
All cases will be reviewed individually, in accordance with this policy, alongside GDPR and other relevant legislation.
If you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data by Wilkins Media Ltd, please contact us:
Wilkins Media Ltd
Aspley House, Hylton Street, Birmingham B18 6HN
0121 729 9352